The debut NFL matchup of Week 6 happens to go ahead a weekday. The Eagles (4-1) visit the Carolina Panthers (4-1) in Charlotte to decide transitory matchless quality in the NFC. As indicated by NFL Research, this is recently the fourth time in four years where both Thursday Night Football adversaries are no less than three amusements more than .500 – so appreciate.
This is what we’re looking for as the Eagles confront the Panthers at 8 p.m. ET Thursday on CBS, NFL Network and spilling on Amazon Prime Video:
1. Falcons protective facilitator Jim Schwartz made an intriguing point this week while talking about arrangement for Cam Newton and Mike Shula’s offense. He felt that a current diversion against the Kansas City Chiefs (Philadelphia’s solitary misfortune in 2017) left them fit as a fiddle to confront Carolina.
“In some ways it regarded have a portion of the Kansas City stuff that we needed to plan against,” Schwartz said. “It’s not a similar offense, but rather there are a few similitudes to the extent fly breadths and scoop passes and things like that. Each short week there will be challenges. I surmise that these eventual difficulties regardless of the possibility that it was falling off a bye [week] or an additional day, on the off chance that it was a Monday night diversion and you had an additional day, simply happens to be a short week.”
The Eagles constrained the Chiefs into apparently their second-most exceedingly awful hostile execution of the season this year, however that truly isn’t a remark home about considering Kansas City still set up 344 aggregate yards and 27 focuses. Be that as it may, … in viewing the Panthers this season I don’t consider them to be focused on the madly interlaced arrangement of boots, traps and breadths which drive Andy Reid’s offense – and I believe it’s a piece of the reason Carolina presently can’t seem to totally streamline their offense.
2. That being stated, Cam Newton is constantly worth viewing, yet particularly finished these most recent two weeks. Since Week 4, he has been the association’s top of the line passer, as indicated by NFL explore. It feels like he’s over the loss of Greg Olsen and is compelling himself to trust – and feature – the rangy, enormous bodied beneficiaries Carolina’s past GM introduced only for Newton. An illustration? Devin Funchess is getting more passes per diversion (4.8) than he has in each of his initial two seasons. His yards per amusement has dramatically increased from a year ago’s last normal.
3. We squander a great deal of time contrasting quarterbacks head with head before recreations, and there will be a propensity to hook Carson Wentz’s development to the resurgent season Cam Newton is having. How about we isolate the two for a minute. Wentz is the best third-down quarterback in the class at the present time and the Panthers have the second-best third-down safeguard in the association. In the event that we need unmistakable confirmation of advance, how about we perceive how Wentz passages in the normal third-and-8 circumstance against a standout amongst other barriers in the alliance. At that point, weâll begin contrasting his numbers with Newton.
4. Christian McCaffrey’s 101-yard getting amusement against the Saints emerges as his “breakout execution” competitor up to this point, however I would contend that the Panthers haven’t taken advantage of more than 10 percent of his potential. McCaffrey’s hurrying open doors have declined practically consistently, from a high of 13 in Week 1 to three against the Lions a week ago. Doubtlessly confronting the association’s No. 2 surging resistance would not be an ideal opportunity to extend McCaffrey’s part, but rather sooner or later the Panthers will need to set up a non-Newton based hurrying danger (the Panthers are nineteenth in surging) on a predictable premise. Jonathan Stewart’s 3.3 yards for each convey won’t not do it.
5. Another fascinating NFL investigate note: As much as we’ve discussed the two quarterbacks, the two groups sit on the alliance in time of ownership. The Eagles are beginning to include LeGarrette Blount more as a clock-eater while the Panthers have been showing signs of improvement at broadening drives through the air.
Catch Thursday Night Football’s tilt between the Philadelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers on CBS, NFL Network and gushing on Amazon Prime Video at 8 p.m. ET.